Wed, 06 May|
Online event via zoom
+ Online +: Mindfulness course (MBSR) for stress prevention
Mindfulness course with Dr. Theisen
Zeit & Ort
06 May 2020, 17:00
Online event via zoom
Über die Veranstaltung
Notes on the online event:
+ This mindfulness lesson takes place online. Get involved in the experience :-)
+ In the following we briefly explain the process:
1. To be able to participate on Wednesday at 5 p.m., click on this link: ( https://us04web.zoom.us/j/175926246?pwd=dkdPVFZYNS9NSXdBOS9BZ2RmZXRTUT09 )
2. After clicking the link, you can download the Zoom program to your computer. Simply follow the instructions on the screen. Once that's done, go to the download folder and click on the downloaded program Zoom. Run the installation. After a short time, a window will also appear in which you can enter your password and your name.
4. The password is: 675384
... and you are already registered! Important : You will also be asked if you want to turn off the microphone or camera. Please agree here.
Smartphone - You can also download the 'Zoom (Cloud meetings)' app from the App store (for iPhones) / PlayStore (for other smartphones). Open the app and enter the following data (ID: 175 926 246 , password: 675384)
Important : You will also be asked if you want to turn off the microphone or camera. Please agree here.
Voilà! If you have any problems or questions, don't hesitate and send us an email. We are also happy to accompany you by phone when downloading!
You can also click the link at 4:55 pm to carry out the installation. Then we can start on time tomorrow as best we can. However, we will wait a little longer for the first few minutes and see that everyone gets through well.
We look forward to welcoming you on Wednesday from 5 p.m. :-)
Find a quiet, comfortable place for the mindfulness lesson. If possible, connect your headphones to your PC / laptop / smartphone for better listening.
In 1979, Dr. Jon Kabat Zinn, Zen practitioner and professor of medicine and molecular biology at the University of Massachusetts (USA) launched the MBSR program - Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for patients who are out of therapy. In the renowned Stress Reduction Clinic, he began teaching the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction ( MBSR ) program and examining its effects in extensive accompanying research. MBSR is an eight-week course in which coordinated attention exercises, some of which are derived from Hatha Yoga , Vipassana and Zen , and mindfulness meditation are combined.
Mindfulness and meditation are taken from the Buddhist teaching of the eightfold path and adapted to the needs of the western world. The path of mindfulness is primarily about consciously perceiving the moment without judging . It is about our relationship to reality and truth, to ourselves and to others, to feelings, to the body, to life, with the aim of compassion (- self-compassion).
Dr. Marie-Paule Theisen offers courses on "Stress reduction and orientation aid through mindfulness" for students at the University of Luxembourg. In addition, she regularly gives mindfulness courses for participants from the city of Esch and gives lectures on mindfulness. In addition, she is training to be a certified MBSR teacher at the University of Massachusetts.
Register for the mindfulness course from the end of March:
Free registration until March 24, 2020 via firstname.lastname@example.org .
An introductory lecture will take place on Wednesday, March 25th at 5:30 p.m. in the Learning Center .
You can also register for the lecture on March 25th.
- When: 1.04 / 8.04 / 22.04 / 29.04 / 6.05 / 13.05 / 20.5 / 27.05 20 20 | 5.00 p.m. - 6.30 p.m.
- Where: University of Luxembourg | Belval campus | Learning Center, large group room on the 2nd floor
- LUXEMBOURG LEARNING CENTER 7, dennert den Héichiewen Belval (if you have the Rockhsl in your back go straight through, the blast furnaces on your right and the learning center on your left)